See here the list of Top 10 best convertible car seat. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- All in One seat grows with Your child from 5 100 pound, rear to forward facing and becomes a belt positioning booster; save space in Your back seat with Unique rotating cup Holders; metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and Cool Water; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of Your harness and headrest; integrated harness storage compartment Holds unused harness straps while seat is a belt positioning booster
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US Standard FMVSS 213; the SlimFit car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built in 5 Point harness system; features EPS foam
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with Click and Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Adjust accurately: Harness indicator gives an audible click when you've pulled to the proper tightness
- 4 in 1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear facing harness car seat (4 40 pounds), to forward facing harness car seat (22 65 pounds), to highback belt positioning booster (40 100 pounds), to backless belt positioning booster (40 120 pounds)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect Your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of Your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that Your child is always properly secured
- For rear-facing infants from 4-50 Pound. and forward-facing toddlers from 22-65 Pound
- 4-position extension panel adjusts to provide 5" additional leg room allowing your child to ride safely rear-facing longer
- Up to 50 Pound rear-facing allowing your child to ride safely rear-facing longer
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: 14 position harness, 2 position buckle for a comfortable fit as your child grows
- Relax and Recline: 7 recline positions ensure comfort and the best vehicle installation angle
- 4 seats in 1: 4-in-1 seat gives you 10 years of use--it seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb), to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb), to highback booster (40-100 lb), to backless booster (40-110 lb).
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System: Adjust the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured.
- 10-position Headrest: One-hand, 10-position adjustable headrest is easy to use and grows to properly fit your growing child.
- Zip-off padding is soft and machine washable for comfort and convenience
- Remarkably easy installation with a 9-position Recline Sure leveling system, Super Cinch LATCH Tightened and Lock Sure seat belt tightening system
- Superior Duo Guard protection with a deep rigid shell and EPS energy-absorbing foam, plus a steel-reinforced frame
- Built to grow with your child, this Safety 1st car seat supports infants from 5 pounds to toddlers of 40 pounds as a rear facing car seat, 22 to 65 pounds forward facing toddler car seat, and 40 to 100 pounds as a belt positioning booster
- An adjustable 3 position recline makes it easy to get a good fit for the seat in your car , Assembled Product Dimensions 24.00 inches x 19.00 inches x 23.75 inches
- Harness holders keep the harness open, making it easier to get into and out of the seat; Front seat passengers can enjoy up to 7 inches more legroom with the rear facing infant seat's reduced footprint
- 3 in 1 transforms from a rear facing infant car seat (5 40 pounds), to a forward facing car seat (22 65 pounds) to a belt positioning booster (40 100 pounds)
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the harness and headrest height together with one easy motion no re threading required
- 4 position recline helps keep your growing child comfy on your many journeys together
- ORIGINAL 3 ACROSS: The Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible is an affordable ultramodern child car seat that protects and makes traveling with kids as safe and easy as possible. Fit 3 Radians across in most family-size vehicles-FAA-approved for air travel.
- SUPERIOR EXTENDED REAR-FACING SAFETY & SECURITY: Featuring our powerful integrated steel frame, our flagship convertible protects infants rear-facing 5-45 lbs, forward-facing up to 65 lbs in 5 pt harness, and converts to booster for kids 50-120 lbs.
- DYNAMIC HEAD & SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: Reinforced with an adjustable 12-position headrest, memory foam seat and aluminum side impact walls lined with energy-absorbing EPS foam, Radian safeguards kids in a robust cloud of cushiony protective comfort.
1. Convertible car seat Maxi-Cosi Pria
The first product we reviewed is this chair by Maxo-Cosi. The manufacturer has gone to great lengths to make an extremely functional product. The outstanding feature that impressed us is the fact that most of the materials used in this product are machine washable. Most of the padding is held in place with simple snap fasteners so they can be easily removed. Since this chair is covered with discarded cheerios most of the time and covered in yoghurt, this is a very handy feature.
For protection, the chair features patented side impact protection, including an advanced cushioning system that protects the child’s head. We also found that the harness and headrest were easy to adjust for a secure fit. With a weight of around 23 pounds and a price well over $ 200, this is one of the larger seats in terms of weight and price. Nevertheless, you get a very high quality and thoughtful seat.
2. Britaz Click Tight Convertible Car Seat
The next chair we looked at was the Click Tight model from Britaz, and we were very impressed that it lived up to its name! Click Tight refers to the installation system, which is one of the simplest we have tested. All you have to do is open the front of the chair, let the safety buckle through and click on it – simple, straightforward and effective.
This is also a very safe chair. It features a foam-lined side impact cover that protects the child and absorbs energy from impact. The chair has a steel frame for added rigidity and staggered release stitches that stagger the forward drone during an accident.
All of this protective gear gives the product a dead weight of about 25 pounds, which means it’s one of the heaviest chairs we’ve tested and tested. The price is also high and is over $ 200. Compared with the Maxi-Cosi mentioned above, there are enough positives about this sophisticated design to guarantee this premium price.
3. Graco Extend2Fit convertible car seat
We were pretty impressed with the number of features that can be found on this chair. That was a pleasant surprise, as it is priced in the lower half of the middle class. The element that impressed us most is the fact that its weight limit is 50 pounds when used in a rearward configuration and 65 pounds in the forward direction. Honestly, these limits are higher than some convertible car seat models and brands.
Another impressive feature is the inclusion of a five-inch extension plate that gives the chair extra room for a growing child while remaining in the rearward configuration. The rearward configuration is the safest way to transport a child, especially a baby or toddler. We will go into detail below,
In addition, the headrest and the harness can be adjusted quickly and easily, without the straps must be readjusted. This is made possible by the integrated Simply Safe Adjust Harness System. As children grow in no time, the adjustable features of this product will save you the expense and hassle of buying a new car seat every time.
4. Safety 1. Grow and Go convertible car seat
The first thing we noticed about this model is how easy it is! Weighing just over 18 pounds, it’s one of the lightest chairs on the list of best convertible seats. It also comes with a price of just over a hundred dollars. So, if you’re looking for a chair that’s easy to maneuver and does not break the bank, we think this is one of the best choices.
What also impressed us is that it is designed so that it will not outgrow the child immediately. This is possible because it has a rearward mode for children up to 40 pounds. The chair is then converted to a forward facing configuration to hold a child weighing up to 65 pounds. It then breaks down into a gurney-secured child seat for a child weighing up to 100 pounds.
The chair is also equipped with side impact protection and removable, machine washable and dry padding. The harness is easy to use and has built-in locks so as not to interfere with the straps when placing the child in the chair. The harness can be adjusted very easily together with the headrest, so that the passenger can be secured in a safe and comfortable position in a few seconds.
5. Evenflo tribute convertible car seat
This model by Evenflo is marketed as a compact chair model, and the first thing we noticed is that it is extremely light. With a weight of about 12 pounds, it is the second lightest car seat on the list. We can also see that this is an extremely simple car seat, which means it lacks many of the premium features one would expect from high-end models. This also means that the price is lower compared to other models. This chair is the second cheapest model on the list, has a price of less than $ 100.
The five-point belt of the chair is relatively easy to use, and the side impact protection system meets all federal safety standards. It should be noted, however, that the minimalist headrest means that this chair does not provide the same protection for the head and neck, especially for younger children.
Back and forward weights are limited to a maximum of 40 pounds. That’s about the average for the rear panel, but very bad when the chair is turned forward, and it means that your child will overgrow this chair fairly quickly. Still, the price is very tempting, so if you really need a low budget model, this could be a winner.
6. Disney Mausketeer Minnie convertible car seat
Another affordable and lightweight variant, this Minnie Mouse chair is the second lightest car seat on the Evenflo model. With a price of barely over $ 50 comes the cheapest chair. In addition to the light weight and price, it has a few other things with the Evenflo product discussed above. Firstly, it unfortunately shares one of the major shortcomings of this model, namely the very low maximum user weight of only 40 pounds in both rear and forward configurations. Again, this is very disappointing as it means that your child will grow out of the seat in a few years.
However, this product has made it onto our list because of its excellent side impact protection, a few useful drink holders and a very attractive and colorful Disney design. This can be more of an advantage than you might expect, as it makes the chair something that kids want to sit in. Getting in and out of chairs can be the hardest thing to do, so any help in this area is welcome!
7. Chicco NextFit convertible car seat
When we got this model in hand, it was easy to see that it was a premium model. This is really a good thing, because with the price that comes with this model, you want to know that you get quality right out of the box. Yes, say hello to the most expensive chair on the list. It brings a price of about $ 350, which means that you can buy about five of the aforementioned Disney chair for the same price from one of these models.
But is this math piling up? Well, it only works if the chair has enough features to justify that price – and the boy delivers it! The chair has no less than nine lying positions, so you can find a comfortable position in almost every vehicle type. It has a “RideRight” air bubble display to easily and accurately indicate the correct tilt to which the chair should be set, and it works in both the forward and rearward configurations.
It has a very good weight range, including a removable positioner that makes the chair suitable for newborns weighing up to 11 pounds. In a rear-facing mode, the weight limit is 40 pounds, and ultimately a hefty 65-pound limit for the forward-facing configuration.
Both the headrest and the harness are very easy to adjust and are also very well padded, which makes it easy for both the child and you to adjust the settings. A steel reinforced frame and energy absorbing foam provide excellent protection. Well, it certainly is not cheap, but if you can work this purchase into your budget, it really is a superb quality chair.
8. Diono Radian All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
The Diono Radian is a very good chair with a number of really useful features, although the first thing we noticed was the weight. Weighing less than 30 pounds, this model is among the heaviest models on the list. However, it works flat when not in use. With the straps you can put it on your back so you can wear it as a backpack. This is a pretty unique and very useful feature, but given the weight of the item, you may not want to wear it on your back too long!
Part of this weight is due to the high level of protection offered by this chair. The solid steel frame, for example, provides excellent protection but is also quite heavy. The side impact protection is just as excellent as the headrest, which offers no fewer than 12 positions to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
It comes in three different configurations: a backward mode (45 pounds weight), forward (65 pounds max), and finally a booster variant with a maximum user weight of 125 pounds. This means that it really has a long life, which is a worthwhile investment given the very high price.
9. Graco Slim Fit Convertible Car Seat
We were delighted that this Graco car seat was indeed fulfilling its demands as a slim fit car seat. After all, some of the models on this list are a bit on the bulky side. In fact, a few of them look more like miniature tanks than car seats! This can be a problem if you try to push a chair into a smaller car or if this is not your first child and you are trying to fit a second chair into the car.
This car seat also comes with side cup holders that can be removed to provide additional space. The harness system is easy to use and has an internal storage space for additional strapping when the harness is suitable for younger children. It has rearward and forward modes that have fairly generous weight limits, which are 40 and 65 pounds.
We found the padding very soft and easy to remove. The side impact protection is very good and in the test meets the US standard FMVSS 213. In addition, the steel reinforced frame is both stable and stiff and provides a high level of protection even in the event of an accident. 10. Britax emblem convertible car seat
Features for finding a convertible car seat
There are a number of features and design points to look for when choosing the best convertible car seat for your child. Of course, the more you go, the higher the total price, so remember to read through the options.
● Removable padding
We joked that these chairs will be covered with cheerios and yogurt most of the time. The best jokes have an element of truth, and every parent will be able to confirm that our joke on this occasion definitely had a true core. Let’s be honest: children are chaotic. The design of these chairs can make them difficult to clean. With many surfaces as well as numerous wrinkles and small corners that are all magnets for dirt, food stains and all sorts of stuff. Easy to remove pads (and machine washable) are therefore a very useful feature to watch out for.
Just like any product, if you really want the premium features, then you have to squirt out on a premium price. On the other hand, you have to weigh what features you really want and need. There could be some features that if you can do without them, it could help to keep a few dollars in your pocket. Conversely, this may not be a product that you absolutely want to save on. After all, it offers a very important service, namely the protection of your child while driving. It can also be a really good, long-term investment that offers years of service.
● Backward weight
The safest position to put a child in a moving car is to the rear. In this way, in the event of a frontal impact (the most likely type of accident), the chair protects your child by shielding them from the force of impact. This is especially important for younger children. The younger they are, the less their bodies are shaped, so that their heads make up a higher percentage of their body mass. A rear-facing seat dampens the head and neck and provides extra protection in the event of a sudden stop. Most convertible chairs are designed for a child up to 40 pounds in weight, after which they have to be turned over. Some chairs go up to a safe user weight of 50 pounds higher.
Car seats are not small and they have a weight range. The lightest on our list weighed about 12 pounds, while the heaviest weighed over 30 pounds. If you simply install the chair and leave it in place, the weight may not be such a problem. If you know that you often need to remove it from the vehicle, you should consider the product weight when making your purchase. Trust us, 30 pounds are a lot of weight to keep in and out of the car.
A good way to balance the initial price of these products is to consider them as long-term investments and opt for a long-life chair. After going through the list above, there is no doubt that you have seen that there can be a difference in the maximum allowed weight. In general, the more affordable the chair, the lower the weight, and the two budget models discussed have a maximum user weight of only 40 pounds. So, while the initial price is low, the life span is short, and you will eventually pay off for a chair with a higher weighting later.
Having said that, we recommend that you now spend a little more money and take a chair that is rated for up to 65 pounds (and in rare cases even up to 100 or 125 pounds), a much longer, more useful life span Providing.
● New or used model
You can pick up a used seat on certain online auction house websites and real garage sales, and you can truly make a real saving on these products. However, we urge you to resist the urge to save a few dollars here. The problem with buying a used seat is that you do not know if it was involved in an accident in the past. It does not need a complete collision to have a lower quality. If the driver made an emergency stop of 50 or even 40 miles per hour, this impulse could damage the seams, upholstery and straps of the seat.
● Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 convertible car seat
When it came to the number one product on this list, we were pleased to see that we were right to say that this was one of the safest places on the list. We even heard a story about her being involved in a serious collision that left a mother and her child alive and kicking.
● Britaz Click Tight convertible car seat
While this car seat bragged with its easy-to-install feature, this could actually be a little hollow boast as some parents noticed that they had difficulty getting a proper fit and it took some practice to get the chair in and out bring the vehicle.
● Safety 1. Grow and Go convertible car seat
A number of parents agreed with our standpoint on the Safety 1. Grow and Go Convertible car seat, which is product number four on the list above. The general consensus was that it is a sturdy seat that is also very comfortable for children.
Nothing stands out more than the fact that a mother told her that her child had just slept through an accident while it was on the chair! It has also been widely praised for its machine-washable materials and relatively low price.
● Evenflo tribute convertible car seat
One of the cheapest models on the list, the Evenflo Tribute Convertible Car Seat, is very popular with parents. Above all, its low weight and easy maneuverability were highly praised. Although the low price meant that the chair had much less padding on the straps and inner cushions, many parents pointed out that it did not seem to affect their children at all. They all seemed to feel very comfortable in the chair for a long time. This makes this look even more attractive.
● Chicco NextFit convertible car seat
Parents generally agreed that the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat (product number 7) is a very high-quality chair that provides an excellent level of protection. Some were a little worried that the overall size of the chair would make it difficult to get in and out of the car, which may be something to keep in mind.
● Graco Slim Fit Convertible Car Seat
The parents also agreed with us that this chair is an excellent choice for smaller cars and at the same time very satisfied with the ease of installation. If you are looking for a chair that is excellently protected but a little easier to move around in the car, then this could be a better option than Chicco’s. Our top selection
We often hesitate to call the most expensive product the best. It just seems a little cheat, because usually the most expensive is often the one that has the most features and some of which are simply not necessary.
Nevertheless, in this case we do not hesitate to declare the Chicco NextFit convertible car seat as the best model on the list. It has so many useful features, is extremely well designed and above all offers excellent protection. For a high quality but cheaper chair (and that’s about half the price of the Chicco), our recommendation would be the Safety 1. Grow and Go convertible car seat. Again, this is a very well designed chair that offers a range of useful features and high protection.