See here the list of Top 10 best hedge trimmer. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear
- Powerful 40 volt lithium ion rechargeable battery delivers the power with long run time to complete the toughest jobs
- 24 inch dual action blade delivers less vibration than single action blades
- Shearing blade quickly cuts branches up to 3/4 inch thick. Uses - Ideal for trimming hedges, shrubs and bushes without extension cords
- Powerful 20V Lithium Ion rechargeable battery delivers power and run-time for most trimming jobs
- This product is Manufactured in China
- This product meets customer Requirement
- 18 in. Dual-action hardened Steel Black for reduced vibration while trimming
- 3.5 amp motor for trimming branches up to 5/8 in
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to use with less fatigue
- 24 in. dual-action, hardened steel reciprocating blades
- 3/4 in. cut capacity
- Compatible with all EGO POWER+ Arc Lithium Batteries
- [LIGHTWEIGHT BUT POWERFUL] Ergonomic perfection: Tough yet comfortable to use, and long enough to make short work of your hedge trimming duties
- [22" OF CUTTING REACH] Enough length for flat tops and long, even sides. Yet still nimble enough to round the corners. We didn't arbitrarily pick 22"-we think it's just right
- [GRAB N' GO] The D-grip handle lets you hold it from any angle and cut from any position that's comfortable. Plus, it gives you the leverage to hoist it up high for the tops of tall hedges, or hold it down low for undergrowth
- √SAFE AND QUICK - Double lock design of child safety lock and security key forms a double security protection. Whether working or not, the machine can maintain a safe state for children and adults.
- √SIMPLE TO USE - At just 1.04lbs, the hedge cutter electric features an effortless one-handed operation The easy to use and comfortable handheld grip create added convenience. Replaceable high-quality blade with WORKPRO's innovative blade change -fast easy and safe - no tools required. Note: After using the blade, it needs to be cleaned in time and kept dry during storage. Ensure that the blade has a longer life!
- √COMPACT - The compact design of WORKPRO cordless grass cutter ensures that the it can fit into a variety of small Spaces, Best Use - small gardens, hedge grooming, and areas your mower cannot reach giving.
- Dual action blades cut branches with 40 percent less vibration
- Part of 20 volt MAX lithium ion battery system easily swap with other lawn and power tools
- Quickly cuts branches up to ¾ inch thick
- 16 in. Dual action hardened Steel black for reduced vibration while trimming
- 3.0 amp motor for trimming branches up to 5/8 inches and cutting strokes/ minute is approximately 3800 strokes/ minute
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to use with less fatigue
- 22-inch dual-action blade reduces vibration for comfortable trimming
- Able to cut branches up to 3/4"-in thick for a variety of trimming tasks
- Full length trigger and soft grip for convenient operation
- A Powerful 20 Volt MAX lithium Ion battery delivers power and extended run time
- 22 inches dual action blade to ensures less vibration while trimming
- Cuts branches up to 3/4 inches diameter
What is a slipping clutch for a hedge trimmer?
If one attaches the blades of the hedge trimmer on particularly strong branches, then it can happen that these knives are blocked, because the knife force is no longer sufficient to saw through such a branch. In such a case, it is the task of the slip clutch to prevent overloading of the engine. In the manual of hedge trimmers with slip clutch, you will find an exact indication of when the slip clutch is used (for example, if the recoil force exceeds a value of 80 Nm). If the friction clutch is broken, you can reorder this important part for the hedge trimmer at any time.
What is meant by the term “cut thickness” in connection with a hedge trimmer?
Cutting thickness refers to the distance of the individual blades (in millimeters). This knife distance defines the maximum possible diameter of branches that can be severed. In the manuals of the devices you will sometimes find the term “tooth opening” for this value, but meant the same thing. Those who prune mainly young shrubs in their garden, with a cutting thickness of 16 to 20 mm, in thicker branches worthwhile then devices with a cutting thickness of at least 30 mm.
What advantages does an electric hedge trimmer with saw function offer?
In some applications, the maximum cutting thickness of the hedge trimmer is no longer sufficient. For these cases, some devices offer as a supplement a sawing function, with which one can cut through even thicker branches. For this purpose, special teeth are attached to the top of the equipment, with which one then saws up to 38 millimeters thick can easily saw.
These special metal teeth are much shorter than the other individual blades, so that the object to be sawn directly on them and not cut as in the individual blades between them. Overall, a hedge trimmer is considerably more versatile when used in the garden due to this additional feature.
What is meant by an angle adjustment in a hedge trimmer?
Depending on the angle at which the hedge trimmer attaches to the cutting, such angular adjustment can make the job easier. As a rule, such devices offer an angle adjustment of 180 degrees. If you keep e.g. If the device is overhead or is working on a vertical hedge wall, this angle adjustment proves to be extremely useful in guiding the devices. However, there is a variant of the hedge trimmer, in which the angle adjustment is indispensable: these are the telescopic hedge trimmers in which the cutting edge is very far away from the user who has to hold and guide the device.
The different types of hedge trimmers
Hedgetrimmers are available in many designs. The types include the manually operated hedge trimmers, the mains operated models, the cordless scissors and the hedge trimmers with petrol engine. In the following we describe the four species in more detail.
The manual hedge trimmer
A manual hedge trimmer is also called mechanical hedge trimmer or hand hedge trimmer. It usually has two blades and two handles. By manually squeezing the handles, press the knives against each other. Most manual models have knives that are between 20 and 40 centimeters in length. The handles are often at least 15 inches long.
If you use a hand-held hedge trimmer, you will need a lot of strength and time, depending on the hedge size. The effort is usually higher than when using a motor hedge trimmer. For a mechanical model requires neither electricity nor gasoline. In addition, these devices score with their low weight and particularly low volume. Another advantage is that many manual hedge trimmers are cheaper.
- Almost silent use possible
- Low weight
- Low acquisition costs
- Flexible use
- Not dependent on the mains current
- No gas required
- Higher time expenditure
- More power required
The gasoline hedge trimmer
A gasoline hedge trimmer is equipped with a gasoline engine. Compared to the other types, such a model is often heavier, louder and more expensive. In addition, a gasoline engine emits exhaust gases. Because of this, a gasoline hedge trimmer is not particularly environmentally friendly.
Positive, however, is the performance. Most petrol hedge trimmers are very powerful. That’s why you can often work on dense, tall and long hedges with these devices. Furthermore, various models with gasoline engine have a higher cutting strength ready, so they can cut through thicker branches easily. Compared to electric hedge trimmers, gasoline hedge trimmers offer another advantage: they are equipped with no cable and can be used independently of the mains current. Accordingly, they convince with greater flexibility and mobility.
- High performance
- Suitable for cutting denser and larger hedges
- Mobile usable
- environmental burdening
- Petrol-oil mixture required for operation
- High volume
The electric hedge trimmer
An electric hedge trimmer is operated via the mains current. Most electrical devices have a short cable, so you need an extension cable to operate. The cable is one of the biggest drawbacks of electric garden shears: It limits the freedom of movement and is a security risk. There is a risk that you will accidentally sever the cable or that you will trip over the cable.
The practical thing is that you can work with an electric hedge trimmer with a stable power supply without interruption. In addition, these models are more environmentally friendly and cheaper than gasoline hedge trimmers. Another advantage is the weight: Often an electric pruner is lighter than a scissors or scissors with gasoline engine.
- Continuous operation possible with stable power supply
- Lighter than battery and gasoline hedge trimmers
- No gasoline necessary
- Dependent on the mains current
- Extension cable required for operation
- High volume
- Less powerful than petrol hedge trimmers
The cordless hedge trimmer
A cordless hedge trimmer is usually equipped with a lithium-ion battery. It usually convinces with its easy operation. Because when using such a model you need no cable and no outlet. Nor do you need gasoline. Therefore, the cordless pruner, just like the electric models, more environmentally friendly than gasoline hedge trimmers.
Keep in mind, however, that a hedge trimmer with battery has a limited life. Therefore, it may be necessary to take a break while working to recharge the battery. In addition, many battery models are heavier and less powerful than electric hedge trimmers. They are partly provided with a slightly lower volume.
- Flexible use
- Easy to use
- No gas required
- Partly a little quieter than electric pruning shears
- Mostly less power
- Limited runtime
- Heavier than electric hedge trimmers
Which hedge trimmer is the best? 14 relevant purchase factors at a glance
The design is not the only distinguishing feature of hedge trimmers. The secateurs differ in the same way with regard to many other aspects. Here you can find below some important purchase criteria:
The cut length: The cut length indicates how much you can cut off with the hedge trimmer by a movement. Often a model with a cutting length between 40 and 60 centimeters is sufficient. Sometimes, however, a larger device is necessary. Which cut length is optimal for you, depends mainly on the field of application.
You can work faster with models with longer cutting lengths. Keep in mind that a larger sword means more weight and more complicated operation. So, if you want to trim angled or small hedges or perform shape cuts, you should ideally use a model with a smaller sword. For cutting tall and very large hedges, it is best to use a model with a larger cutting length.
The cutting thickness : The cutting thickness shows how thick the branches may be in order to cut them with the device. The amount of cut you need depends on which hedges and how often you work the hedges. If you do not cut back the hedges every year, a larger cutting thickness of about 2.6 to 2.8 centimeters makes sense. Otherwise, a smaller cutting thickness of, for example, 1.8 centimeters is sufficient.
The volume: If you use a pruner with motor, it is usually quite loud. Nevertheless, there are differences between the individual models, so that a look at the volume is worthwhile. Some tools have a volume of about 70 to 80 decibels. Others are equipped with a particularly high volume of over 100 decibels.
The weight: Especially if you want to cut a high hedge, it is advisable to check the weight. Working with a lightweight model is usually easier and requires less effort.
The performance: In a hedge trimmer with gasoline engine, the power is expressed in horsepower, in an electric model in watts. Often enough, a pair of scissors with a power between 400 and 600 watts. For larger and denser hedges, it is best to use a more powerful model.
The battery: If you want to buy a cordless hedge trimmer, check beforehand whether the device is supplied with a battery and a charger. In addition, it makes sense to check the battery life and the battery charging time. Ideally, pay attention to the battery voltage. Usually a battery voltage of 18 volts is sufficient. Sometimes a voltage of 36 volts is useful.
The telescopic pole: Some models have a telescopic pole. It is often adjustable and allows you to crop higher places. Ideally you should use a hedge trimmer with telescopic handle if you want to work on a high hedge or a tall shrub.
The knife cover: Many models are supplied with a knife cover. It protects the blades from dust and other dirt. In addition, thanks to a knife cover, safe transport of the hedge trimmer is possible.
The knife guard: The knife guard is a useful feature. It prevents the blades from accidentally touching the floor or a wall. This avoids damage to the blade tip.
The sawing function: Practical is the sawing function when working on a hedge with occasionally thicker branches. The sawing function allows you to cut through branches whose diameter is greater than the cutting width of the secateurs.
The collection basket: Some pruners are equipped with a collection basket. This basket is normally under the hedge trimmer or mounted on the telescopic pole. He immediately catches the falling remains. There are also models with extraction. A hedge trimmer with vacuum cleaner is particularly advantageous for overhead work.
The two-hand safety circuit: Many models are equipped with a two-hand safety circuit. It prevents unintentional switching on. Because of the two-hand switching, you can only operate the device if you press two switches at the same time.
The cable strain relief: If you want to buy an electric hedge trimmer, a model with a cable strain relief is beneficial. Thanks to the cable strain relief, the hedge trimmer can not be accidentally disconnected from the cable.
The blade stop: It is important that an electric hedge trimmer is equipped with a blade stop. This safety feature ensures that the blades stop directly when you turn off the power or when the power is turned off. This reduces the risk of injury.
The safety of using a hedge trimmer – you should pay attention
If you use a hedge trimmer, it is advisable to pay attention to some safety aspects. This is especially true when using a pruner with motor. Here you can find out what security precautions you should take:
1. Read the instructions carefully before inserting the hedge trimmer. This often contains important information on the safety and maintenance of a hedge trimmer.
2. Wear suitable protective clothing while using the scissors. Above all, protective gloves, ear protection, safety goggles and solid shoes are important .
3. If you are working overhead with a hedge trimmer, protect your head with a safety helmet.
4. Be careful not to wear tight-fitting clothing or scarves, jewelery or similar casual accessories.
5. If you have open hair, tie them together before using the scissors.
6. Check the screws before each use. They hold the two blades together. If the screws have loosened, it is recommended to tighten them.
7. Check if the handles have cracks. If this is the case, there is a risk of the hedge trimmer falling out of your hand during the cutting process.
8. If it is an electrical model, it is useful to check the cable and extension cord before use. If it is damaged in one place, it should be replaced or repaired by a professional.
9. Do not use the hedge trimmer near children and pets.
10. Use the hedge trimmer only with both hands.
11. Do not hold the branches and leaves while cutting them.
12. Only use the scissors when it is light. In the dark, injuries are possible faster. In addition, it is easier in the light to cut straight and to recognize the branches.
13. If knots get caught in the cutting blades, turn off the power. Only then do you remove the caught branches.
14. Take a break in between and do not overstretch your arms.
15. Never touch the cutting blades. They are extremely sharp, so there is a high risk of injury.
16. Keep in mind that an electrical model lags after a power interruption or after the switch is turned off.
17. If you want to transport the secateurs, it makes sense to grab them by the handle and cover the blades with a knife cover.