See here the list of Top 10 best laptops for college students. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear
- POWERED BY INTEL: The Lenovo Flex 11 packs a punch with powerful Intel Pentium processing, 4 GB DDR4 memory and speedy 64GB of eMMC SSD storage
- ON THE GO LAPTOP: Weighing in at just 2.75 lbs. and constructed with premium materials, this small, convertible laptop transitions seamlessly from work to play
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY: With multiple ports including USB 3.0, Type-C, HDMI, and a 4-in-1 card reader, you'll be able to hook up your laptop computer to your existing devices with no fuss and no extra purchases
- 15. 6" 1366 x 768 HD resolution LED backlight display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060 @ 1. 60GHz (2 Core, 2M Cache, up to 2. 48 GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3, 16GB em, No Optical Drive
- 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 128 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet* so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 Anti-Glare Display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- AMD A9-9425 Dual Core accelerated processor 3.1 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz) ; AMD Radeon R5
- 4GB DDR4 RAM; 128GB SSD; DVD-RW
- 15.6" 1366 x 768 HD display & Energy-efficient LED backlight
- Open/Edit MS Office Files Using Free Embedded Quick Office Editor or Google Docs for Free
- 15.6in HD Backlit LED Display (1366 x 768) with ComfyView Technology, Integrated HD Webcam
- Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3060 (Up to 2.48GHz, 2MB Cache), 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 400
- 15.6 in HD WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x 768)
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U 2.40 GHz dual core Processor (3M Cache), Intel HD Graphics 620
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM 2133 MHz Memory, 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive, SuperMulti DVD burner
- Up to 11 hours battery life on a single charge
- Built in security Features ensure you're protected from viruses and Malware
- 11.6 inches HD anti reflective Display
- 15.6" HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution, Powered by a 2.70GHz AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor
- 1TB 5,400rpm HDD hard drive provides plenty of storage, 8GB DDR4 memory
- 802.11 ac Wi-Fi technology provides Internet speeds up to 3x faster than other laptops, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- Up to 8 hours of battery life with quick recharge technology to power your laptop computer up to 80%
- Comprehensive protection with Windows 10 helps protect against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient TrueBlock privacy shutter allows you to physically close your webcam when you're not using it
Which laptop for the university? The best laptops for students 2019
Depending on the link, we earn a small commission when purchasing via our product links. Learn more about why you can trust us. High school diploma in the bag and into the study. Just in time for the start of the semester in October, we have found the best laptops for students.
Because one thing is clear: you can expect a lot of house and project work that demands a lot of performance from you and the foldable data center. Apart from that, it can often work more effectively on the laptop. You’re more flexible, and you’re setting up your camp right where you can concentrate – in the cafe, library, or on the couch.
What is important when buying a student laptop?
The most important question you should ask yourself is: For what purpose do you need the laptop? A study day usually lasts 10 hours – in the examination phase you often have the impression that he is your constant companion. The day and so many nights you fight together around the ears. That’s why the laptop should meet the following criteria for your studies:
Weight of the laptop: Light hardware
From the lecture to the library, then to the project workgroup and of course back home. The laptop for studying should be light and handy so that it does not become a burden. After all, at the end of the day, you do not want to have a shoulder pain from wearing the laptop – and if you pinch yourself in the shoulder or back, I have the right yoga exercises for the desk for you. Most laptops have an average weight of 750 grams to 1.5 pounds. These are also weights that you can easily carry in a bag for a long period of time.
Small size for more flexibility
The handiness of course includes the size of a laptop. You also want to stow it easily in a shoulder bag or backpack for the university. This is optimal with 11, 12 and 13 inch laptops.
My favorite backpack for the university:
Here you will find even more Uni backpacks, where your laptop is guaranteed to find a safe place. Sufficient screen size Even if the notebook should be small and practical for the study, pay attention to a sufficiently large screen diagonal. Especially if you want to do more than just check e-mails, do organizational things or write in the lecture. For creative projects, it will be too long for your eyes to stare effortlessly at a small screen. Here you are very well served with a 13 inch screen.
Long battery life
The most important thing for a good laptop is the battery life. Ideally, you work on your laptop during the day and charge it with the power plug during the night. On average, the battery of the laptop should have a running time of 8 – 10 hours and be fully charged in 2 – 4 hours. At the same time, avoid working on your laptop while it’s plugged in. This reduces your battery capacity and harms the battery permanently.
Processor performance and memory
The processor is the heart of a laptop. He controls all important commands, processes and processes. Often you work on several programs at the same time during your studies, which means the laptop should be able to work quickly even with a large number of open programs. For this you need a high RAM, called RAM. The more RAM the system has, the larger the digital workspace, which in turn affects storage capacity and speed.
Student discount when buying a laptop
Being a student has many advantages – among other things, you can benefit from it when buying a laptop. Numerous well-known manufacturers such as Apple, Microsoft or Lenovo attract with attractive offers. Discounts of up to 25% are possible for students and lecturers, professors or entire educational institutions.
The best laptops for creative studies
In creative programs, Adobe’s programs are usually part of your daily business. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or Premiere often open at the same time when you’re working on multiple projects in parallel. Here is a laptop with a very good processor and sufficient memory to implement your creative ideas and achieve a good academic performance.
Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display
The Apple Mac Book Pro is very popular with creatives. Especially the operation and the communication between the Apple devices speaks for itself. But in terms of performance, Apple is outshining its competitors with state-of-the-art hardware. The high-resolution displays are especially recommended for image and video editing.
The price is steep – but the MacBook Pro is an investment that pays off over the years! My Mac Book Pro, for example, is already 5 years old, still runs 1a and is always up-to-date, thanks to regular updates from Apple.