See here the list of Top 10 best leaf guard. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- BLOCKS EVERYTHING: Stainless steel micro-mesh blocks leaves, pine needles, roof grit, and pests from entering your gutter. No more clogs!
- DURABLE: Heavy-duty materials withstand all the elements and will never rust or warp.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Works on any standard, 5" wide or smaller gutter. Won't void your roof warranty.
- Compatible with 4", 5", and 6" metal (steel or aluminum) K-style gutters
- The tight expanded metal mesh pattern keeps out most debris, to keep your gutters flowing freely.
- Constructed of durable powder-coated steel for long life and protection from the elements, and neutral color blends seamlessly with roofline
- Includes ten 4-foot sections - entire box installed covers 39. 2 feet; Each section notched for ¾-inch in overlap
- Easy to install - no screws needed; snaps out for maintenance
- Heavy-duty expanded aluminum won't rust or rot
- Available in White, Matte Aluminum and Thermal Thaw Black. Blocks all types of debris. Clog free, High volume water flow.
- Easy to Install, Contractor pricing, Includes STAINLESS STEEL installation fastners
- Cannot be seen from the ground, Made from Premium Domestic Aluminum.
- WHY LEAFTEK? - Strengthens your gutters (see photo #6) | Easy to install | Heavy .019 gauge US aluminum | Stainless steel, self-tap color matched screws included | Baked enamel finish | Proprietary vented raised ridge air flow design | Corners install easily | Does NOT install under your shingles, therefore will not void your roofs warranty | Free Shipping
- KEEPS EVERYTHING OUT -. LeafTek keeps leaves, twigs, pine needles, seeds, elephants (just seeing if you're paying attention) out while handling the heaviest downpours. PLUS... Our 404, 1/8' holes per sq. ft. prevents "shingle sediment" clogging unlike micro hole systems
- PEACE OF MIND - Your days of climbing ladders to clean gunk out of your gutter system are over
- - 100% STAINLESS STEEL: Keep your gutter system working beautifully with leaf filter gutter guards designed to last. Unlike plastic downspout screens that soon break or cheap metal ones that quickly rust, ours are made using weather-resistant stainless steel that remains rust-free.
- - NO MORE CLOGGING: Save yourself the hassle of constantly unclogging your gutter; protect your wallet from pricey repairs. With a pack of 6 rain gutter screens in every set, you'll be able to keep leaves, dirt, and debris out of your downspout pipes the simple and effective way.
- - NO TOOLS NEEDED: Have your gutter protector filters installed in seconds. Just place the drain guard into the downspout hole and push into place. We've designed our gutter leaf guards to stay in place year round; so no constantly climbing up the ladder to reposition them.
- The Difference is In the Design. Heavy gauge .018 100% Aluminum will not rust - Lifetime warranty covers no rust, rot or product self deterioration
- Designed specifically for hidden hangars but works with all hangars including K-style hangars
- Virtually invisible from the ground
- * SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME & EFFORT - Sick and tired of constantly having to unclog your gutters and downspouts? With the heavy-duty gutter guards you now make sure that your gutters and down pipes are protected from leaf debris, roof moss, twigs and dirt.
- * INSTALL THEM IN SECONDS - Unlike other impractical gutter filters, the Massca downpipe leaf guards can be installed in seconds without using any tools. You don't have to be an expert or call a professional. Simply push them into place and you're good to go!
- * HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made of non-corrosive, weatherproof and waterproof aluminum, our robust gutter guards will pass the test of time. Rest assured that they will stay firmly in place no matter the weather conditions and you'll not have to climb up the roof again to re-install them!
- KEEP YOUR GUTTERS FREE OF LEAVES and other debris with GutterBrush. The cylinder-shaped bristles fill your gutters, blocking leaves while allowing water to flow freely to downspouts.
- A simple and effective GUTTER GUARD SYSTEM, GutterBrush is easy to install; just fit the brushes along your rain gutters so nothing else can settle there. Ideal for all seasons and climates.
- Made of HIGH-QUALITY UV polypropylene bristles with a durable, galvanized steel wire core, GutterBrush has been RECOMMENDED BY TRUSTED HOME IMPROVEMENT EXPERTS such as HGTV and Dean Johnson / PBS Hometime.
- GUTTER CLEANING TOOL: The strainer prevents leaves, seeds and other debris clogging gutter downspout, keeps the water flow free. You're still going to occasionally clean out the debris accumulated around the strainer, much easier to clear the downspout inside.
- EFFECTIVE STRUCTURE: This design works well for needles. Spherical shield head, flow-direction slot gap make leaves stop around, dirty and needles go into the tube. The size can be applied to holes of 2.5" to 3.7". It's also one of the most beautiful gutter guard strainer in appearance.
- BUILT TO LAST: Made from 304 stainless steel and designed to over 10 years. 304 contains at least 18% chromium, which provides excellent corrosion and oxidation resistance. It's easy to wash away residues, keep shinning after a long use.
What is a gutter protection?
A gutter protection is usually a grid, sometimes a brush-like insert, which leaves leaves, branches, animals and other things from the gutter and causes them not clogged. The rainwater can always flow unhindered through the gutter due to the gutter protection. Thus, the overflow of the gutter and associated, possible water damage to the building is avoided. In addition, as the animals stay away, it also causes the gutter to be less strained by animal weight and movements, leaving it intact for longer.
How does a gutter protection work?
A gutter protection is usually a cover on the gutter, which is perforated and mounted. The perforation ensures that snow and rainwater do not remain on the surface and possibly put more stress on the gutter. Thanks to the perforation, which consists of small holes, the snow and rain can run continuously into the gutter.
Things like branches, leaves, nuts and other parts should be left on the gutter protection and carried away by the wind. This keeps the gutter free of dirt and the rainwater can always drain away unhindered. It no longer comes to water retention or damage from small parts.
How does a gutter protection against leaves and birds help?
There are separate spikes that can pass through the holes in the gutter protection. But there are also gutter protection brushes, also called hedgehogs, which discourage animals in a gentler way. These can not approach the gutter by the spine. The foliage is kept away from the gutter and through the spikes or gutter hedgehogs. In a simple gutter guard leaves are held and animals can not in the gutter, but on top of the grid on it. What types of gutter protection are there?
Probably the most commonly used form is the gutter guard. This does a great job, especially as foliage protection. Even martens can not get into the gutter anymore. Since there is this type of protection for all gutter shapes, it has an extra advantage. The protective grid is available in a wide variety of materials. They are available in metal, stainless steel, copper, zinc, aluminum and plastic. It is recommended to get a gutter guard, which consists of the same material as the gutter.
So there are no potential problems with material incompatibility, because not everything is compatible with each other! A good example is iron and copper. No iron should be mounted over copper as the two can not tolerate each other. The same applies to aluminum and zinc. Equal and equal gladly can be said with gutters and eaves gutters so well! One of the few but a notable exception here is plastic – this is compatible with all other materials and can therefore always be used well.
Gutter protection Brush:
A gutter brush, gutter hedgehog, gutter caterpillar – there are many names for it – has less the task of protecting the gutter from leaves, but much rather keep animals from the gutter. Except for beetles and other insects, no animals get into the gutter due to the brush. Leaves can not fall into it, but it may accumulate on the brush. The brush has the advantage that it is easy to install or use and no fixed installation is necessary.
Gutter protection net:
A gutter protection net is a net that fulfills the same functions as the grid, just goes a bit differently and does not last as long. It is much more of an entertaining and inexpensive way to keep the gutter clear, for example, only during the fall.
How can I install a gutter protector?
In general, the installation of a gutter protector of any kind is quite simple. The most difficult is the fastening of the net. Since gutter grids are to be installed in individual sections, these are handy and easy to install. The system usually comes as a set – including the brackets, with which the protection is attached to the gutter. The material and the shape of the gutter play no role, the installation works the same for everyone.
It is important that the removal of the protection remains possible. Although a gutter protection serves to keep the gutter clean, but as small particles such as pebbles, seeds and needles can still get into the gutter, this requires from time to time a cleaning and this protection must be removed.
The biggest source of danger and probably the biggest hurdle is the work on the ladder. It is important to ensure that the ladder is safe and secure. It is advisable to do this work always in the presence of another person, on the one hand provides additional security and on the other hand, for example, in between the gutter protection and remove, and later return.
What should I consider when buying a gutter protector?
Fitting accuracy – Dimensions:
Not every make is suitable for every gutter. So it should be ensured that the dimensions are correct and the shape! By and large, a distinction is made between the box-like shape and the semicircular shape, but these also differ from each other. It also matters whether there is a eaves. The own gutter should therefore be well measured and assessed before it goes to the purchase of gutter protection.
The roof pitch also determines the choice of gutter protection. For a building with a roof pitch of about 50 degrees, a gutter protection system is better than a building with a roof with a steeper slope. This has something to do with the existing brick overhang, which is different depending on the inclination.
Material and processing:
The material of the protective grid is sometimes extremely different. The different materials have different properties – different advantages and disadvantages, the importance of which everyone should weigh for themselves. Here, above all, the material of the gutter, the weight, the price differences as well as the stability and longevity play a role.
The holes should not be too big, especially if the overhang of a tree is directly above the roof. But the holes should not be too small, as otherwise small particles such as moss and leaf parts can clog the holes. A good diameter is 6 mm.