See here the list of Top 10 best walk behind mower. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- 159cc OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful 4-cycle gas engine helps you clear the tallest, toughest grass and weeds.
- 22-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Unique shape makes trimming around fences, garden beds, and other landscaping borders easier cutting bigger jobs down to size.
- USER FRIENDLY: Off-set trimmer head feature helps to trim hard-to-reach places while the 14-inch ball-bearing wheels help you move easily through rough terrain.
- VERSATILE - One all-terrain machine mows, trims and clears brush.
- CONVENIENT - Tool-less handlebar adjustment knobs for compact storage and transportation
- DURABLE - One-piece, seamless deck reduces vibration
- Quickly remove sulky with a single pin
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Large pneumatic tire
- Includes (1) Max Capacity 4 AH - 40V Lithium Battery , Cutting Heights - 5 Position
- Durable 20'' Steel Deck lets you Mulch, Bag, or Side Discharge allowing you to maintain your yard the way you want it. This Lawn Mower is not self-propelled
- Innovative Smart Cut technology automatically increases the speed of the blade when more power is needed
- Maximize the speed of your walk behind
- Latches up without additional attachments
- Quick-release for fast disconnect
- Motor/engine manufacturer-Briggs & Stratton
- 9-position height adjustment allows you to change the cutting height to easily cut grass, weeds and overgrowth
- Sealed ball-bearing wheels ensure the mower rolls smoothly, and the 11-inch rear wheels make it easy to push over small to medium-sized flat yards
- Compatible with all EGO power+ arc lithium batteries
- 20 in. cut capacity
- Weather-resistant construction
- Up to 45 minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery kit comes with (2) 2Ah Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 19 inches Steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 design mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- Running time: 113 min
- Lindsay Duncan, Roger Allam, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Charlotte Asprey, Michael Cochrane
5 Best Lawnmowers – June 2019
Whether you have a trim little square of grass in front of your home or morning sprawling pasture behind the stable, your lawnmower plays a big role in landscaping your property. As such, you no doubt want a machine that offers the best performance. In fact, at certain times of the year, you can use your lawnmower more than once a week. The ideal lawn mower is a durable, high quality machine that will serve you for many years without fail.
But how do you decide which lawnmower to buy? The market offers so many options, from rotary mowers that cost under $ 100 to robotic lawn mowers that cost upwards of $ 1,000. If you think of buying a new lawn mower, you have come to the right place. At BestReviews, we research and test more items in the market so you do not have to. We then provide our expert analysis to readers so they can make informed purchasing decisions.
Why buy a walk-behind lawnmower?
If you are considering a walk-behind lawnmower, chances are high that you will not have morning grass to fight with on a weekly basis. If so, you would probably seriously consider using ride-on mowers. But riding mowers can be expensive and they consume a lot of storage space. If your yard is small enough, investing too much in such a big machine could be good.
A walk-behind mower is a good choice for households with small and medium-sized shipyards. Walk-behind mowers also offer more precision than ride-on mowers, as they are easier to manipulate in small spaces. Expert Consultant
Luke owned and operated his own turf and landscaping business for more than a decade. Starting the business and growing it ahead of an acquisition, Luke led all sourcing decisions, from buying blowers and lawn mowers to weed whackers and tillers. Luke uses all these machines regularly.
1. Types of lawnmowers
There are several types of walk-behind lawnmowers. Everyone has their own unique set of properties.
1.1. Push mower
A motor push mower drives the blade. In return, the knife rotates and cuts the lawn. All of the “forward drive” are muscle-driven; You rely on your own muscle to power the machine. If you have a small, too much – or if you just like the exercise – a push mower might be the right choice for you.
1.2. Self-propelled mowers
A self-propelled lawnmower uses the energy from the engine to power the wheels. Sometimes only the front or rear wheels receive power; Other times, the lawnmowers have four-wheel drive. These mowers are wonderful for many reasons. If you have a large amount, mowing rough terrain or suffering from physical weakness or fatigue, a self-propelled lawn mower might be your best bet.
1.3. Gas lawn mower
If you own a gas powered lawnmower, you will need to replenish the gas tank on a regular basis. That costs money, and as the gas burns, it releases the emissions that are not good for the environment. But gas mowers tend to exercise more power, so if you have a large lawn or thick patches of grass or other hard growth to tackle, a gas powered machine might be the better choice.
1.4. Electric mowers
Electric lawn mowers come with a battery that needs charging. The battery supplies the blade rotation. This is an environmentally friendly option than a conventional gas powered engine. Gas powered lawn mowers use the same combustion engine technology that most cars use to run.
Electric mowers do not require engine maintenance, but they have their drawbacks. Some are less powerful than gas mowers, and some have a limited battery life, which can be frustrating. And electric mowers you can use a cord tether when mowing can be very uncomfortable.
2. Features to consider
Do you want a walk-in lawnmower or an advanced model? The answer to this question depends on your budget as well as your personal preferences. Below are some of the most noteworthy lawnmower features to consider when shopping.
If you’re looking for an entry-level electric lawnmower, the sun Joe Mow Joe might be the perfect choice for you. The 12 amp engine is suitable for smaller yards, and the mower carries a detachable lawn bag for extra comfort. Most owners agree that you probably would not want to use this little lawn mower for strong growth or on a larger yard. What’s more, you must be prepared to work with an extension cord to mow it.
If you’ve ever wondered if an electric lawnmower could compete with the power of a gas model, the EGO Power + lithium-ion cordless mower will answer that question in the affirmative. These battery-powered monsters have 45 minutes of power (about 2 miles of mowing) and a quick charger with a short charging time of just 30 minutes. Owners who recently converted from gas to electrical can not get over how quiet (yet powerful) the EGO Power + does its job. What’s more, the EGO Power + folds for easy storage when not in use.
2.3. Mulching skills
Still other lawnmowers are mulching skills. These machines hold on to the clippings and cut them into smaller bits before they deposit them back onto the grass.
2.4. Self-propelled system
Powered by a propulsion system to automatically turn on the wheels of a self-propelled lawnmower. Some people prefer a self-propelled lawn mower because it requires less physical effort from them. However, some people like the exercise get it when using a push mower. Self propelled lawn mowers are usually controlled in one of four ways: squeezing a bail, pushing a lever, pushing a lever, or pushing a handle to increase / decrease speed.
2.5. Clippings collection
Some walk-behind lawnmowers come with a bag system that collects clippings. The bag typically hangs under the handlebar of the lawnmower. If you are an active gardener then this option is a must-have. You may also want this feature if you need to clean cutouts in your garden with thick or coarse grass. Note, however, that you must empty the bag of clippings at regular intervals with this function.
2.6. Push button start
Many lawnmower models no longer have the traditional pull cord launch mechanism. Instead, they have a push-button start. So, if you want to start your lawnmower by tearing off every time you are sick, consider using a machine that activates with the push of a button.
How can you last your lawnmower?
Lawn mowers that are well maintained can take 10 years or more. But neglecting properly for your lawnmower will easily take care of that time cut in half. Some manufacturers rate their lawnmowers on how many hours the machines will supposedly last. Cheaper mowers can be 200 hours rated or less. High-end models can be rated for 500 hours or more.