See here the list of Top 10 best weighted blankets for kids. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- 💤This weighted blanket is engineered to be 8% to 12% of your body weight. The 5 lb 36"x48" blanket is perfect for children between 40 to 60 lb.
- 😴Get even more value for your buck as this blanket comes with both the inner blanket and a outer dotted minkey duvet cover with a concealed zipper that can be fastened with corner ties to prevent any slipping.
- 🛌With the two part construction, you dollars will go further as there is no need to wash the entire blanket. By simply removing the cover and washing the duvet cover, your blanket will be less prone to deterioration from rigorous washing cycles.
- 💮DIMENSION: 41" x 60"
- 💮WEIGHT: 7 pounds
- 💮MATERIAL: Blanket is 100% cotton filled with glass beads. Cover Mateal: One side 100% bamboo and one side minky.
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers great all-natural sleep help for adults and kids by offering the gentle sensation of being held to encourage deep, healthy, restful sleep
- YnM own the ability to produce a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to comfortably surround your body and form to your shape while you sleep and the MORE glass beads & LESS fiber fill design offers better temperature control
- Choose the blanket that weighs about 10% of your body weight plus one, 7 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 60 lbs. The twin size is for one person on a twin size bed. The queen size is for one person on a queen size bed. Only the King size is for sharing on a queen or king bed
- THE UNIQUE KIDS WEIGHTED BLANKET DESIGN CAN HELP YOUR CHILD SLEEP BETTER - It is estimated that 20-30% of kids have trouble sleeping and getting a good night's rest. This fact affects all aspects of their life and can reduce general performance. Therefore, a Weighted Blanket for kids 5 lbs can help them get enough sleep and improve their physical and mental development. Lack of sleep slows their capability to deal with daily activities at home, school or day-care and grows their stress level
- HAZLI WEIGHTED BLANKET FOR KIDS WITH EVEN BODY PRESSURE DESIGN - Our kid weighted blanket provides the feeling of being hugged or held, which makes kids and toddlers feel protected. Hazli weighted blanket for kids 5 lbs is made of 100% breathable cotton filled with hypo-allergenic micro glass beads and one layer of microfiber. Due to the 8 interior corner ties, our heavy blanket for kids keeps your child and toddler warm and cozy without allowing to unravel himself and wake up
- ALL IN ONE WEIGHTED BLANKET + MINKY COVER - Hazli calming weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable cotton filled with hypo-allergenic micro glass beads and one layer of microfiber. Due to its composition it is one of the best weighted blankets for kids that ensures a constant body temperature and prevents beads leakage for perfect weight distribution. It comes with a premium quality children weighted blanket cover made of soft Minky fabric
- 7-LAYERED PREMIUM BLANKET: Quility's innovative 7-layered blanket is designed to offer supreme comfort. We use the most advanced sewing technology and the highest-quality materials to produce the ideal weighted blanket. The ultra-breathable, 100%-cotton outer layer is lined with non-glue polyester padding and two extra polyester layers that contain millions of premium micro glass beads. This unique structure provides optimal temperature control and guarantees that our blankets never leak beads.
- COMPLETE SET! PRE-ATTACHED MINKY COVER INCLUDED: Every Quility Weighted Blanket Set comes pre-attached and ready to use. The removable minky duvet cover is soft-to-the-touch, super-comfy and accompanies every purchase! Use the cover for added warmth during the winter, and remove it to keep cool in the summer. To remove it, simply unzip the zipper and untie the string ties fastened to the loops around the blanket's edges!
- GREAT NIGHT'S SLEEP: Quility's all-natural heavy blanket provides the warmth and comfort of a gentle hug. Sleep soundly throughout the night and wake up feeling renewed!
- 【NATURAL SLEEP HELP】Sonaice weighted blanket offers great all-natural sleep help for kids by simulating a gentle hug that wraps around you, which would reduce your tossing and turning at least 95%, making you fall asleep faster
- 【HOW TO CHOOSE】Usually 10% of your body weight is the weight you should choose, 7 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 50 lbs -90 lbs. A weighted blanket is supposed to on the top of the mattress and should not go over the edges of the bed, which can use longer
- 【UNIQUE 7-LAYER STRUCTURE】Sonaice weighted blanket has a unique 7-layer structure to prevent the beads from leaking out. You don't have to worry about waking up in the morning just like sleeping on the beach
- 🐱PREMIUM MATERIAL: The Secura weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable natural cotton, which would make it cooler and more durable than normal blanket. The filling is environmental non-glue polyester padding and Hypo-allergenic,non-toxic,odorless Glass Beads.
- 😸PROMOTE DEEPER SLEEP : Naturally relax the nervous system and reduce stress by simulating the feeling of being hugged. The quilt evenly fits the body back to the kid's sense of security to help quickly fall deep asleep .
- 😸MORE PATTERNS: Sivio, is the brand specialized in weighted blanket. We select the softest fabrics with great care of children's tender skin. At the same time, we designed lovely patterns to satisfy children's curiosity about the world. For making weighted blanket for kids, we are professional and trustworthy.
- ❤SLEEPING BUDDY - Weighted idea kids weighted blanket can offer great all-natural sleep for your kids by offering the gentle feeling of being hugged. It is a must-have sleeping buddy for kids and children
- ❤SUBTLE SOFTNESS--Weighted Idea Kids Weighted Blanket is made from a high-quality, super soft, and cozy 100% Natural Cotton. Cotton's superior breathability makes weighted blankets ideal for bedding all year round
- ❤SUITABLE WEIGHT- Weighted Idea kids weighted blankets are various in color, style, size, which can meet different needs. 41"x60" weighted blanket 7 lbs is perfect for children between 60 to 80 lbs
- NEW Toddler weighted blanket | Designed for kids from 19 to 40 lbs
- One-Piece Design | Weighted infant blanket is made of very soft, minky cuddle fabric for sensory input, while the other is smooth
- GIFT PACKAGED - Writable Packing card, Make your gift even more special, by writing a special message to your kids one right on the card!
- ★COOL ALL NIGHT★ Hiseeme weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable natural cotton. Cool and smooth material that is both durable, wrinkle-free, easy to clean and dry and provide better temperature control, keep the children cool all night and prevent them from tossing and turning in their sleep due to sweat. At the same time, we designed lovely patterns to satisfy children's curiosity about the world.
- ★SAFETY IS THE FIRST ELEMENT★ We strictly choose Environmentally Friendly, Non-toxic and Safe glass beads for our kids weighted blanket. The 4''x4'' small squares make the blanket a more even weight distribution. We are committed to developing child weighted blanket that make parents feel more secure.
- ★CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE★ The cooling weighted blanket twin size 7 lbs for kids 60-90lbs, and the weighted blanket twin size 10 lbs is for 90-120lbs children. For kids using a weighted blanket for the first time, we recommend a lighter weight.
Bad sleep can be caused by innumerable causes, but at the same time can also be combated with the most diverse remedies. One of these countermeasures is to represent weight ceilings. Our editor did not want to oversleep this ceiling trend and therefore put three weighted comforters to the test. As the products in the review report, we show you in this post and in the video above.
Weight ceilings in the test: This can be the heavy duvets
They should represent a hug in textile form and improve the quality of nightly sleep: we are talking about so-called weight ceilings. With them, the saying “only counting the inner values” is completely correct, because they are hardly different from conventional blankets. Their extra weight is due to pearls that have been incorporated into an inner layer of the ceiling.
According to various manufacturers and websites such as Gravity or therapiedecken.de weight ceilings should help, among other things against stress and sleep problems and anxiety, ADHD or panic attacks. This principle works by applying pressure to the joints, muscles and tendons, which in turn relaxes the body. In addition, the release of the hormones serotonin and melatonin should be stimulated. Seratonin, popularly known as “happiness hormone”, has a positive effect on the mental state and can be converted into the sleep hormone melatonin, while the produced melatonin lets you sleep or relax faster and deeper.
Weight blankets are also used symonymically with the term “therapy blankets”. Therapeutic blankets can be found in the medical sector, especially in hospitals, where they should provide patients with a healthy sleep. Especially in the nursing of the youngest patients, ie children, these massive bedding products are often used.
How to find the right weight blanket?
If you want to change to a weight blanket and get one, you will find it on the internet. However, the supply has grown steadily over the last few years and as a result, many types of therapy blankets are available in a variety of price categories. Variation technically they differ mainly in terms of weight and material from each other.
As a rule, therapy blankets weighing between four and ten kilograms are offered. The rule of thumb is that the weight of the blanket should be about 10 percent of your own body weight. While this formula is not rocket science, this weight calculator can be quite useful. In children, the recommended weight should not be exceeded, but adults may be a little more careless in this regard.
Undoubtedly cotton is one of the most popular materials, but many other skin-friendly fabrics are also suitable. The pearls in the interior are mostly made of glass, but inferior products use plastic beads. In addition, the price range of weight ceilings is generally between 60 and 250 euros, outliers up or down are rare here.
Opportunity for deep sleep: Costway weight cover
We started with the cheapest model we tested: the Castway weight cover. It is located in the lower price segment and comes for affordable – at least for this product category – 60 euros therefore. You can choose from the following weight classes (in kilograms): 3, 4.5, 5.5, 7, 8 and 9. The size dimensions given are 104 x 153 cm, 122 x 185 cm and 153 x 203 cm.
Their color is kept in a simple gray, so thanks to their simple design, it fits to almost any interior. This weight blanket is 100 percent cotton and filled with glass beads. According to the manufacturer, it is machine washable, provided you choose a low and gentle setting.
For our test, we have decided for a weight ceiling of this manufacturer with a weight of eight kilograms. Striking are the beads inside, because they did not feel very fine – with the appropriate reference but this shortcoming would probably eliminate. The weight was relaxing on the body and helped to fall asleep.
The golden mean: Senso-Rex weight cover
Our second test product is the weight cover for adults by Senso-Rex, the company behind Therapiedecken.de. It is located in the mid-price segment and costs about 130 euros – is more than twice as expensive as the model of Costway. Their weight classes range in two steps from four kilograms to twelve kilograms.
The area measure is 135 x 200 cm. Its dark gray cover is not a pure cotton product because it has a polyester content of 32 percent, but it is machine washable. The filling is also made of glass beads with a tiny diameter and according to the manufacturer provided with an environmentally friendly heating element.
The microspheres of this product felt a lot finer than those of the cheapest blanket. Again, we trusted a weight of eight kilograms. The sleeping and lying was very pleasant with this model, the feeling of this weighted blanket seems at first unusual.
Luxury therapy blanket as expensive companion: Gravity weight cover
Now we come to the heavyweight in the field price range: Who wants to buy the therapy ceiling of Gravity, must shell out a proud 250 euros. Among other things, their high price can be explained by the fact that this handmade weight blanket is manufactured entirely in Europe – but that is also the case with the Senso Rex model.
The material of the cover differs from the others. The cover on the Gravity weight cover is made of 100% polyester, but its interior is made of completely organic cotton. In contrast, the Costway bedding relies entirely on cotton and the Senso-Rex on a blend of cotton and polyester.
This weight cover easily survives washing rounds in the washing machine, the manufacturer recommends temperatures of 40 ° degrees. Similar to the Senso Rex article, the Gavity blanket also comes in weight terms in two steps from four kilograms to twelve kilograms. It is complained of by sandfeine glass beads, which felt in our practice best, so it emerges as our test winner.
Do not oversleep proper usage: What to look for?
Granted, the use of a blanket is almost never a security risk. With a blanket that is a lot heavier than the average bedding, however, it is by no means wrong to point out a few points. For example, children should not use a weight blank that weighs more than ten percent of their own body weight. If in doubt, you should rather resort to the lighter option, otherwise your scion – in the truest sense of the word – quickly flat. As a rule, even children are only covered with a weighted blanket until a restful sleep is over. As soon as the tiger sleeps peacefully, the bedding can be put aside after a short time.
People with a physical condition such as advanced type 2 diabetes or scoliosis should seek medical advice first before using this type of blanket. As a general rule, people with a weakened circulation should not use it. After all, being able to remove the blanket yourself is essential for safe use.
Whether the use of therapy blankets really works and whether there are positive effects has been investigated by various scientific studies. The comprehensive study is presented it here , entitled “Evaluating the Safety and Effectiveness of the Weighted Blanket With Adults During at Inpatient Mental Health Hospitalization” by Tina Champagne, Biran Mullen, Debra Dickinson and Sundar Krishnamurty. They came to the conclusion that the weighted blankets could actually improve the sleeping behavior of the test persons and met with a good response.